Weight Spiralling Down

Labor Gras Class Thu 30th to Friday 5th February

Weight falling through the pelvis, weight spiralling down through the pelvis into the floor. I surprise myself or at least I try to. Listening all the time. Where does the body want to go?

My main challenge is to let go without all of some tone that will direct me, or at least serve some impulse to see movement through. Maybe the tone only comes from the impulse. Where does the impulse come from? Especially when we are working from a sequence of movement rather than an improvisation.

In improvisation how can we see the clarity of intention? Maybe in executing a phrase or pre-known sequence of movement the sequence is dictated by external factors. Or by remembering internal factors? Re-created factors. It's as if the brain is creating problems for it to solve for itself along the way.

Comments

Popular Posts